MMM 056 - Fathering Men
Has men’s work gotten soft? One of the greatest gifts we can provide for another man is to give honest feedback, to ask piercing and uncomfortable questions. Too often we give feedback aimed to make the other person feel better in the short term, rather than empowering them to higher heights. Prepare your community for life’s inevitable challenges by listening to their circumstantial complaints, and then call on them to be the solution.
- Has men’s work gotten too soft? Where is the razor’s edge variety of love?
- This edgy, brutally honest style of men’s work can be uncomfortable at first
- The gentle, compassionate angle is just as important, but don’t let that be the only card in your hand.
- Fathering Men – preparing each other for the world’s challenges by applying pressure and calling one another forward.
- Confrontation amongst men is what makes us sharp
- You have a responsibility to the people in your life to speak the truth
- Don’t say something just to make someone feel better, say the hard truth that no one else will tell them.
- Do you have men in your life that give you the truth, even when it hurts?
- Do you choose the “nice guy” comment over the uncomfortable truth?
- Do you feel a resistance to this edgy and piercing style of communication and leadership?
Ignite your raw masculine power as we learn the HAKA, a ceremonial Maori war dance. Be one of the 100 men to join Jeddy and former podcast guest, Leon Ruri, on Saturday September 7th in Venice Beach, LA for this one day event. Click here for more details!
The next ELEMENTS Nature Initiation will be on September 20th-22nd in Ojai CA! The next COMPASS Vision Fast will be on October 25th- November 2nd.
Support the Podcast on PATREON and check out the PERKS – including access to our MONTHLY FIRE CIRCLES and a private Facebook group where we dive deep as a brotherhood. Newcomers are welcome free of charge, message Jeddy for the link!